I love the idea of user driven travel sites - who better to get the real scoop from than someone who has been there? I've had the experience of thinking a place looked really interesting, and then being disappointed when I got there. (For example, my husband and I both thought that if someone had planned an entire trip around the Alamo, they would have been very disappointed!) I played around with a few of the sites, using places I'd been as examples - San Francisco (lived there) and Scotland. The sites I spent the most time on were Boo, Gusto and Igougo.
I liked the guides on Boo - there was even one for Helensburgh, the town where my niece and nephew live. There were quite a few pictures that looked similar to ours. :-) I think all men take a picture of John Logie Baird, one of the inventors of television...Of course, there will be more information for the larger cities, but that's to be expected. I did have more luck in the Travel guides rather than trying keyword searches.
I didn't think Gusto had as many places to choose from, but I did like the individual travel guides created by members.
I tend to use flickr or facebook more as a travel journal - post the pictures and add commentary to them as I go. For the next trip I take, I may use Vicarious or My life of travel.
No comments:
Post a Comment