Monday, April 14, 2014

Thing 8

I use Facebook regularly, Twitter and Linked In occasionally,  and don't use Foursquare or tvtag at all. I do have a Google+ account, but I don't use it much.

I had been interested in using lists in Twitter, and, silly me, had forgotten that you can set up lists right in Twitter. I've started putting some of the people I follow in groups, so that if I'm short on time I can just check what people in my lists are tweeting rather than reading everything. Since I don't get on all the time, I miss a lot; this is an easier way to catch up on some of my interests. 

I don't use apps for either FB or Twitter that push notifications, other than the FB Messenger.  FB messenger is okay - it's an easy way to chat via FB without having to log in. When I first started with FB and Twitter, I did leave them logged in and got constant notifications, which drove me nuts. Even after limiting what my notifications were, it was still annoying. So I just log on to either when I want to see them; I don't have them up all the time.  I do use the App Pulse when I check Twitter.  

So, honestly, I wouldn't get much use out of the apps in this thing, other than the "generic" ones. I did play around with Tweetcaster a little; I set up some lists but was disappointed to see that the tweets didn't display like they do in Twitter. I was amused at some of the slices it set up, though.   I didn't try the others because I tend to keep Twitter and FB separate - if I share to both I post to Twitter and add the #fb hashtag for it to share to FB. (I installed that so long ago I don't even remember what it is. )

No comments: