Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thing 22 Keeping up

I think I'll probably continue to do what I've been doing - I bookmark things of interest to look at later, and use a category "What's New" for blogs and sites that talk about new tools/things/ideas/technologies. I tend to look at things like this when I'm on the Ref Desk - I can interrupt it and come back to it later. I also like using bloglines for this purpose - I can read what I'm interested in and skip the rest, and save what I want to keep.

To be perfectly honest, I doubt that I'll do much with webinars - I can get more by reading and playing around with things on my own. I can see the value of them for long distance teaching, but I prefer other ways of picking things up if I have the choice. I already tend to keep up fairly well with what's going on, and intend to continue. It's always fun to find new toys.

No comments: