It's been fun reading some of the other "Free For Alls", so now it's my turn.
I use Poynt a lot. It's a locator app - "what's near where I am" including restaurants, businesses, events, movies, gas, and even weather. It really combines the functionality of several apps. The coverage can vary depending on where you are, but I think that's true for most apps of this type. I've had this app since my Blackberry days!
Ringo Pro allows me to set ringtones for messages. I had that functionality with my old Blackberry (hm....a few phones ago!) and missed it, so I tried this app and it works like a charm.
I use the USAA app almost daily - paying bills, checking balances, taking the Harley out of insurance "Storage" - I can even deposit checks without having to set foot in a branch. Which is handy, since USAA doesn't have any branches, technically. ;)
The Direct TV app is handy when I forget to set the DVR, or just want to see what I might want to watch later if I'm not home to see the guide.
Weatherbug gives me the weather, and has weather alerts. I finally turned off the alert sound because I decided I didn't care to be awakened at 3:00 am by the weather Klaxon.
I've also come to really like the Facebook chat app - I don't stay logged into Facebook all the time but it's nice to be able to respond if someone sends me a message.
No comments:
Post a Comment